May 6, 2011

Maine Coon with Lion Cut

/ At: 3:03 PM/

Taking a break from blogging about politics is more or less a matter of maintaining solid mental health.  Now seems as good a time as any.  On account of this, I would like to offer a few pictures of my beloved cat Doof.  She is a Maine Coon, approximately three years of age, terribly angry 95% of the time (though we haven't yet figured out what about), and has a coat of hair the size of Texas.  Since she is mostly an outdoor cat, keeping up with grooming can be difficult.  As such, her hair has a tendency to mat.  This, as you might imagine, has the effect of making any already disgruntled cat even angrier.  The solution?  Give her a lion cut:

Main Coon with Lion Haircut

Main Coon with Lion Haircut

Main Coon with Lion Haircut

In all honestly, I think this is hilarious to such an extent it might be done every summer henceforth.  But, on a more serious note, her disposition has improved greatly.  I think it has mostly to do with the fact that she can better stand the long hot summers we experience in Kansas, and avoid the discomfort caused by matted hair.

If you have a Maine Coon or other long-haired feline, I seriously recommend giving it the lion cut during summer months.




If you are in the mood for some political discussion, give these posts a read:

2 comments:

Lara said...

You forgot to mention the most important fact. While she is disgruntled at home the vast majority of time, she behaved as a perfect lady at the veterinarian and did not, I repeat, did not require sedation. Go figure.

Dave said...

I know!  What's with that funny business!?

Post a Comment

A Word From Our Sponsor

Popular Posts

Recent Comments

Blogroll

  • Anytime But April - Sometimes, it takes a small election for a large a-ha moment. Such was the case Tuesday, where Roeland Park picked a new city council member after a resign...
  • Sundown, Moon Rise - I once laid in bed with death, right next to it – our skins touching, my body’s warmth to its eerie absent-like coolness and my weary head upon its betrayi...
  • Justice ? - An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth! That seems to be the nature of man. There is never an ending to the violence, so long as that is considered th...
  • 29 Things I’ve Learned in 29 Years - Traveling with someone is the only way you’ll know who they really are, and vice-versa. Food is music for all 5 senses. Recipe creation and songwriting are...
  • Global Whatever - By Donald Stewart Something incredible is happening on Earth. Three tidbits of useful fact: • One metric ton of CO2 is equal to the volume of a cube measur...
  • I Should Belong . . . - My blog includes a small badge that says “I belong to Postaday 2012.” In reality that is untrue, because I haven’t been posting at all. I’ve been far to fo...